Friday, August 10, 2012

But, You're Invited?


It's funny how God will bring you to wanting the basics! Tonight I cried a few times. You know how you
invite someone close to you to church and they say they are going then up to the point where it is time
to go a change of events happen. Funny how that works!

Luke 21:8 (KJV)
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Matthew 22:9 (KJV)
Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Hosea 9:17 (KJV)
My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken unto him: and they shall be wanderers among the nations.
Well, I visited a different church for the first time, alone, which is nothing new and the entire sermon
was for my friend who I invited who was not in attendance. People know when God is tugging on them
to get their attention.

The service consisted of three powerful testimonies from three different walks of women in different
areas in their life.

I was crying because I could relate to them. Then after the testimonies, the pastor began preaching
regarding people that are lost and don't know they are lost.

He mentioned a fire truck pulling up to your house. You don't know you need the firemen services
because you don't know about the fire you are in. Meaning you are lost and don't know you are lost.
There is a Savior but what does that mean to someone who doesn't know they need saving.

Matthew 18:11 (KJV)
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
Ezekiel 33:9 (KJV)
Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Proverbs 4:27 (KJV)
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Isaiah 65:12 (KJV)
Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.
I found myself sitting between a lady who kept looking at me out of her peripheral and an Asian lady
who claps off beat. You wonder why God allows certain things to happen.

Tears were falling throughout service and the Asian lady who kept clapping off beat during praise and
worship, when it was time to do alter call she wanted someone to go down with her, everyone else was
not understanding her, so I went down with her and she asked Jesus to come in her heart.

Now back at the seats, we lingered after service because she was telling me who she was. I was like Lord
why?!

I won't share too much but lets just say: Lord what do you have up your sleeve?

So I gave her my contact and she explained to me how she is writing a news letter regarding "spiritual
transformation". I was like, ‘nice’!!!

She shared with me that she wants to become more serious about God. Previous years she saw her old
self coming back and just this year she is deciding to live renewed and let her “old-self” completely die.

After we spoke I wanted to go and get prayer because our conversation made me check myself!

Mark 8:35 (KJV)
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
We tend to carry our past with us and allow it to make decisions for us. THE PAST IS ALWAYS FIGHTING TO STAY PRESENT! Just to make things clear.

After prayer I realized that I was dropping the ball somewhere and that I wanted more of God because
in his presence is where we find peace. When God shows you where you really are in Him and who you
really are, it doesn't feel or look good at times. It makes you want to drop everything and fall on your
face and just marvel at how good He is.
Psalm 44:6 (KJV)
For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
Psalm 59:2 (KJV)
Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
Distractions are everywhere and all the time. God knows what you can handle. When you get tired of
dealing with some things, you make your petition to Christ and fervently pray and God will move on
your behalf and make provisions.

Luke 22:40 (KJV)
And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.
James 1:2 (KJV)
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
1 Corinthians 10:13 (KJV)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
1 Timothy 6:9 (KJV)
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
You are free and I am free! WE are NOT our past!!! We have new mercies daily to walk in righteousness.
Daily we make decisions to appreciate our savior and choose to do things that are according to his will. If
you want to know where you are in Him he, if you ask, He will show you!
John 8:36 (KJV)
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Romans 8:2 (KJV)
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
John 8:32 (KJV)
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment