Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Isolation: All By Myself


I'm tickled by we the people and our opinions. Some opinions you take with a grain of
salt and some you actually pay attention to. Wisdom is Key.

Isolating yourself is different from when God isolates you. Want to know how--when you
find yourself alone and want to seek God more. That is different from when you don't
get along with people or you are shy and you are not the best at communication. It
happens.

I noticed that at one point in my life I isolated myself.

I remember another point in my life that it was God isolating me.

You remember the whole ordeal fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice shame
on me. Well, this is close to my explanation. We need to learn how to pass the test the
first time around so we won't have to go back into the same situation we just left.

Stay with me: Isolation!
Proverbs 18:1
Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh [and] intermeddleth with all
wisdom.

Reason for Church:
Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but
exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I remember moving off to college. I had a vehicle "black beauty", I had my class
schedule set, I had my own room and I knew only 2 people! I would try to make it to
social events during my first semester, but I was also working, so I missed out on a lot.
But it didn't matter to me because the activities that everyone was participating in did
not interest me. I became a home-bodied kind of girl. You see, back home, there was a
beach and I had my home-girls so I was out all the time and we were all over the city.
But as for college, I went to class, went to work, went to church, and went home. I didn't
linger after class or talk after church to people and relationships from work stayed right
at work.

I began to think college was boring. It was like everyone wanted to just club and drink,
in which drinking was never a part of my diet and I was so over clubbing because I got
that out of my system years before. I was strictly business going into college. After I
found out that my life depended on how attentive I needed to be. I had zero tolerance
for games. So I isolated myself!

What happened after that, other students began to notice me and they were wondering
why my grades were good. They began trying to have a study group with me. Boys
began to try to talk to me. I didn’t allow my grades to go down, I graduated with honors;
even dealing with the temptations that came along with surviving college, especially an
HBCU.

Another time I was isolated besides my 23rd birthday that I don't want to remember. Lol!
When I moved to The Big Apple after graduating my first three months I closed myself
off from getting to know people or getting around. I had no family in NYC, not much
funding, and doors closing left and right. But God!

During this time I was seeking God all the more, like never before, for directions and
any king of instructions. Every now and then I kept second guessing if I was suppose to
even be in New York.

This reminds me of a prayer: I asked God to teach me how to love and hear and
appreciate him more. Well, they that wait on the Lord! Lol! Because God was all I had.
My parents were supportive but they were miles upon miles away.

When I was sick they would pray for me and made sure that meds were available, when
I would cry, because things were so difficult, they would talk to me, and when I needed
guidance they would pray with me. But God!

Seeking God:
1 Chronicles 16:11
Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his face continually.

Psalms 119:2
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole
heart.

Zephaniah 2:3
Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment;
seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the
Lord's anger.

Hosea 10:12
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground:
for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

God was there the entire time. Probably laughing at me, not in a bad sense, but
because He knew how strong He made me and I was acting up! I would talk and laugh
with God and say aloud: ‘I know you have not brought me this far to leave me.’

God was there comforting me, healing me, I was becoming bold and full of courage. I
was patient, and still am! I was reading my bible more and constantly praising God. It
was no joke. I felt like Daniel in the Lion’s Den or Paul and Silas in prison. I had to
praise my way through. God was my only way out.

Daniel in the Lion’s Den
Daniel 5&6
Paul and Silas Praise in Jail
Acts 16:25-40
These two stories are a must read. The one tell of what your belief in God can do and
the other tells you that your praise can set you free!

Isolation can be phenomenal! Just be careful its God ordering your steps and not you
taking control.

Always keep God at the center of your life!

2 comments:

  1. This was a Blessing and a reminder for me! Thank you for sharing Cuz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this doesn't sound weird, but...you make Christianity very digestible lol. Love your blog. I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete